Tuesday 19 June 2012

Glorious Evensong - Meditation

Instructions for living life.


Pay attention.
Be astonished.
Tell about it.”
Mary Oliver




Mary Oliver lives by these instructions; this wonderful American Poet has a great wisdom and skill at capturing the present moment wonderful moment.

If during the day we can focus our attention on the present moment, however briefly, we can gain tranquillity and the strength to face the turmoil of modern living. and often there is a beautiful gift waiting for us.

I want to tell you how on one of the few fine sunny days in June as I was walking home I heard the outpouring of two blackbirds singing from chimney tops. .I was astonished how loudly their song carried over all the noise of urban streets I had to stand and listened. These small beings were filling the streets with song. As I stood and I scanned the roof tops to see the birds who were serenading the setting sun.

While I looked and listened several people passed with heads down and had head phones in their ears. Most people passed by me with averted gaze as if to blank out my existence. They were unaware that on the roof top these beautiful birds were filling the air with nature’s glorious evensong.

The blackbirds were giving a wonderful gift to all those who were paying attention. .I am grateful to them and was inspired to tell you about this wonderful moment in my time.

By following Mary's instructions for living a life there will be many gifts waiting for you to treasure


With Reiki blessing

Merry Rambler

No comments:

Post a Comment